Applications in the Russian (for citizens of CIS countries), English and Arabic langugages will be accepted until November 23. Papers from Russian citizens are only accepted if they are written in a foreign language. Russian languages applications shall only come from foreign citizens and citizens from CIS countries.
NB: your paper is expected to be published or made available to the public before you apply for the award.
the primakov international award by the riw group recognizes outstanding efforts in promoting mutual understanding and cooperation between russia and the countries of the islamic world, and interpenetration of cultural and ethnic traditions.
The award prize is $50,000.
The application shall also carry the author’s full name, position (freelancers are also welcome), and contacts (email and phone number).
Please send your applications to: email@example.com
If you have any questions regards the rules, please contact the organizing committee via the email above for clarification.
The jury includes:
Vitaly Naumkin, professor, PhD holder, academician of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Vice-President for Research at the Institute of Oriental Studies, member of the research board of the Russian International Affairs Council.
- Veniamin Popov, RIW Group Coordinator, PhD in history;
- Ramil Khairutdinov, Director, Institute of International Relations, History and Oriental Studies at Kazan Federal University, PhD in history;
- Ekmeleddin İhsanoğlu, MP, former Secretary-General of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC);
- Ghassan bin Jiddo, Head of the Board of Directors, Al Mayadeen TV (Lebanon);
- Izzat Saad, former Governor of Luxor, former Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Russia, member of the Egyptian Council on International Affairs.
The Award was set up at the 2nd International Muslim Media Forum held in Moscow in 2016.
Evgeny Primakov served as the Honorary Chairman of the Russia – Islamic World group.